Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Post 7

Deborah Brandt claims that sponsors always have something to gain from their sponsorships. This meaning that we can all learn from those who teach us in life. Brandt suggests that as writers, we look back at our first "teachers" of writing. By doing this we are exploring our past to better influence and enhance our literary future. Another way Brandt suggests sponsors learn from their sponsorships is simply the literary development that has occurred in the past quarter of a century.

She details "we have theorized, researched, critiqued, debated, and enhanced literate potentials of citizens."(4) This is meaning to say that sponsorships have made advancements for sponsors to better utilize in the literary world in the future. I know, personally, that I am a good writer. But I also know that my mother is a great writer in her own right, and I always listen to any advice she has for me. She proofreads most of my major writings and I don't think twice when applying her advice to my writing. My reasoning being she has 45-50 years of writing experience compared to my 10-15 years. Sponsorships are always useful and Brandt exemplifies that point in this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment